Drone Addicts $500 Global Drone Scholarship
How Drone Technology Can Help in Environmental Problems of the Modern Era – a 2018 Global Contest by DroneAddicts.net for 500 USD Scholarship
Without the desire and passion for improvement, humanity would still be living in the dark ages. Only through sheer will and determination have men and women of science pushed boundaries and limitations and have paved the way to a future of improvement and wonder. This website was built for people to display their passion and appreciation for drones, from both the science of flight with drones in general as well as the mechanical and engineering elements that work together inside each device. Without science, none of these flying devices would exist today, much less so as a hobby for everyday enthusiasts like you and me.
Without a perfectly executed amalgamation of working gears and parts inside each drone, they would never see the light of day, not to mention these marvels being able to go through more and more coordinated and complex flight patterns as times go by. The idea of drones would be nothing but a fantasy object in a science fiction movie without the efforts of the countless men and women of science pushing through the limits of inventions and gadgets around us. Drones being able to act as camera support when filming movies, being used to scout dangerous areas and detect zones unreachable by men on foot, or simply being used as a pastime in the modern era; none of it would be possible without breakthroughs in science.
Here at Drone Addicts, we understand the importance of school for any person’s scientific growth, but we also know the obstacles that plague students wanting to learn. We therefore call upon those students who have a burning desire to absorb all the knowledge that they could in the institution of their choosing, but are having a difficult time meeting the financial demands of the academia. We are proud to open a yearly competition with the goal of helping out young men and women of science in achieving their goals. We offer financial aid that can help students with purchasing their books and school supplies, paying for their dorm room needs like rent, bills, and daily provisions, or the course’s fees in general. We want to help out the best we can to alleviate these concerns, so students can focus on what really matters when they are in school: to learn.
The contest is a simple one. Tell us how you think drones can be used to help improve an environmental factor concerning your local area or the planet as a whole. Impress us with your idea and your passion for drones, and you just might be selected as the winner of this yearly event. The winner gets 500 USD for the school of their choice, which they can use in that institution for whatever purpose they see fit. The deadline will be the 1st December of every year, with one winner being chosen by our staff before February of the next year.
- Interested applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 25, and must be currently enrolled in either the High School or College level
- This is a global competition open to all site members, with possible course and school recipients not only being limited to the United States
- Essay entries must be sent to our site before the 1st of December 2017 at 2018Scholarship@DroneAddicts.net
- Students wanting to participate are required to include at least one Letter of Recommendation along with their entry
- All interested students currently under any major or field can apply for the scholarship. To be able to join in the contest however, the student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their current studies.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- The ability to portray a level of fortitude on a personal scale
- Showcasing the drive to succeed against current adversity
- Set detailed future goals with realistic ways to achieve them
- Being able to convey past / present hardships and how you overcame them, as well as demonstrating how it helped molding your current outlook in life
- Display a sense of self-motivation when trying to complete coursework
- And most importantly, the ability to encapsulate the necessity for financial assistance in their current situations
Each entry must be approximately one page in length and can be written in either the Spanish or English language. Essays need to be 500 words or more, and must revolve around the topic of the contest: Discuss and expand on an idea you have for using Drone Technology in order to help improve an environmental problem, either locally or on a global scale.
Along with the essay, send an application form that includes the following:
- Your name and contact information
- The current school you are attending (recipient of the scholarship) along with their contact information and significant people involved
- A letter of reference written in either Spanish or English
- A paragraph that talks in detail about why you need the scholarship
Deadline for the submission of entries is the 1st of December 2018. Please make sure all necessary paperwork are sent before then. The scholarship reward recipient will be chosen before the 1st of February 2019, with the funds being delivered to the winner’s school financial aid department. The reward will be sent directly to the school of their choice after establishing and confirming the parties involved. All private and personal information sent to us via this competition will not be shared with anyone for marketing and other commercial purposes. Elements of the essays will not be given, sold, or shared to any party outside the commission delegated in going through the entries and choosing the winner. The winner’s name and/or photo will be displayed and showcased on our website solely for the purposes of promoting this official scholarship competition.
Good luck to our interested site members, and happy writing!