The Utah-based company Teal Drones promises a number of great drone perks for their products. These include faster speeds, cheaper and easier repair services, as well as a greater experience overall. While these may be high ceilings to live up to, hopefully the minds at Teal Drones can make it a reality.
Teal One Review
To fulfill these many promises, they unveiled their first creation: the Teal One. The Teal One looks like many drones already out in the market. It is a small quadcopter with a built-in camera and stands. The navigator of this drone can use their smartphone for controls. The Teal Flight app can make it easier to control a drone, compared to a fully-fledged controller.
While this may turn off some people who prefer the feel of a dedicated controller, this can also have some benefits. For one, it can be an easier drone to try out for those still new to the world of drones. A controller may look intimidating for those wanting to try. A smartphone, using an app and touchscreen, can bridge the learning gap easily. This user-friendly feature, along with others such as one-handed mode and voice control can create an easier flying experience.
Of course, one may need a bit of experience to fully appreciate the top speeds the Teal One offers. Reaching as fast as close to a hundred kilometers per hour, it can be an exhilarating experience. That is, if one knows how to control it properly.
- 60 mph (96.5 km per hour) max speed
- Voice control mode for a hands-free experience
- 12-MP camera
- Portable design
- Compact and durable composition
- Teal promises the drone has ‘easier’ replacement parts and repairs
- Only 15 minutes of flight
- Fast speeds may damage the drone due to crashes, bumps, etc. especially for inexperienced users
- No dedicated controller, requires a smartphone available at all times
- A bit pricey at $1199 (lower on sales)